Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Your Personal Information at CCC
At the Chrysalis Centre for Change (CCC) it is necessary in providing a professional service for us to process and store personal information relating to our clients. In doing this we are required to adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. We are committed to protecting your personal information and making every effort to ensure that it is processed in a fair, open and transparent way.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. It can include your name, date of birth, postal address, phone number and information about your health.
Why we collect information about you
At CCC we aim to provide you with the highest quality of support. To do this we have a duty to keep records about you and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you.
How we collect information about you
We collect information from you over the phone, by email or in person:
• at the point of referral
• during your initial assessment
• Whilst you are engaging with CCC services
What information we collect
The information may include:
• Basic details such as address, date of birth.
• Contact we have had with you such as your attendance at any of our courses or appointments.
• Details about your health
• Other organisations you are, or have been, involved with.
Staff at CCC will:
• Discuss and agree with you what they are going to record about you.
• Send you a copy of any letters they write about you
• Show you what they have recorded about you, if you ask
Data Protection Law recognises that some categories of personal data are more sensitive, such as racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and sexual orientation. CCC ask clients to complete Equalities Information containing sensitive personal data. Giving this information is optional and will only be used for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the services we provide under the conditions of our Funding agreements. Sharing of this information will only ever be done so anonymously.
How we use your information
We use your information to:
• Provide a good basis for any services we provide to you
• Keep a record of your contact with CCC
• Make sure the services we offer to you are appropriate and relevant to you
• Work effectively with others who may also be involved in your care
• Properly investigate your concerns if you raise a complaint
• Update you with important messages about events, or services that you have requested.
We have a legal duty to keep your information confidential and to:
• Maintain full and accurate records of the support we provide to you
• Keep information about you confidential, secure and accurate.
• Provide information in a format that is accessible to you (e.g. in large type if you are partially sighted)
Members of the CCC team may share your personal information with other authorised team members however all CCC team members are bound by law and a strict code of confidentiality.
Sharing your information
We will not share information that identifies you for any reason unless:
• You ask us to do so
• We ask and you give us specific permission
• We must do so by law
We may share your information with your consent, and subject to strict sharing protocols about how it will be used, with other regulated organisations. These organisations also have legal duty to keep your information confidential, however once it has been shared, it is their responsibility and no longer in our control. You can ask other organisations for their policies regarding your personal information, and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
We will only store your information in identifiable form for as long as is necessary and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. If you believe CCC has breached any of your Data Protection Rights you have a right to complain to the UK Supervisory Authority:
Water Lane, Wilmslow
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 01625 545745
You have a right to privacy under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998. CCC needs your personal, sensitive and confidential data in order to provide you with the best support we can and to comply with funding agreements and contracts we have in place that secure the funding to operate our organisation.
You have the right to ask for a copy of all records about you.
• Your request should be made in writing
• We are required to respond to you within one month.
• You will need to give adequate information (for example your full name, address, date of birth)
To access your record contact:
Chrysalis Centre for Change
1st Floor, The Beacon Building, 25 College Street, St. Helens WA10 1TF
If you think anything is inaccurate or incorrect please inform us as soon as possible.